• 1 baker
• 1 grocery store
• 1 pharmacy
• 1 doctor
• 1 post office and telephone booth
• 2 banks, etc
A spacious mediaeval keep, dated from the 11th century offers refined and bright suites.
The waxed parquet floors and family antique furnishings are combined with discrete and modern comforts in harmony with the history of the property. Fine linens and top quality bathrooms
The keep has 4 levels wich you reach by a large granit staircase, quiet easy to use.
Expansive views of an idyllic landscape of gently rolling hills, woodlands, pastures, old stone houses, cultivated fields and also an ancient tower
Ground Floor :
Entrance and a medieval dinning room with antique tapisseries on the walls and a gothique renaissance fireplace. Nearby a well equipped kitchen for 10 persons which a splendid view on the charming, sheltered french garden , enhanced by colorful flowers and a trellis laced with climbing roses and on the hilly Bocage
First Floor :
The medieval suite for 2 persons will enchant the guests who are looking for medieval period. A splendidly painted domed ceiling. Large four poster bed of 160cm x 200 in suite with a bathroom with an Italian shower, a bathtub and a separate toilet. The view from the bathroom is romantic
Second Floor :
The Maillé suite for 2 or 4 persons. An apartment with a large double room , a king size 4 poster bed
with nearby another smaller room with 2 poster bed ; single beds and in suite a large bathroom with two sinks,a bathtube,a separate shower and 2 toilets.( The king size bed can be separate into single beds.)
Third Floor :
The Belle Ecossaise suite for 2 or 4 persons. An refined apartment with a large double room , a king size bed
with nearby another smaller room with a king size bed and in suite a large bathroom with two sinks,a bathtube with shower and a separate toilet. (The beds can be separate into single beds)
Working fire places set
Parking at the entrance of the castle
Nice walks on a 100 acres of parkland.
Shared heated pool from may to end of september
You may share a candlelight dinner with the owners.
Vicomte and Vicomtesse Vignial will be always there to help you for discovering the region and suggested itineraries so as nearby wineries
Price : From 1,000 euros to 2,100 euros per week depending on the season.
It is possible to rent the Keep for several days on request and depending on availability.
(12 to 14 people)
The Pavillon is an independent wing of the medieval castle, integrating an ancient defensive tower which was transformed into lodging in the 17th century.
The accommodation has a ground floor and a first floor.
Ground Floor :
- The large dining room is in the corner tower. Do note the remarkable "canoniere", an opening in the thick walls dating to the 15th century from which the castle could be defended.
- The dining room has a table for twelve settings and opens onto the exterior.
- The kitchen is largely open plan (American style kitchen)with the dining room and is well equipped.
- A guest toilet and sink are in the entry hall.
First Floor :
- The living room is in the corner tower, with wood beams and an ancient stone chimney.
Five Bedrooms :
- Alcove: double bed accommodation (160cm x 200cm), shower and WC
- Charette: double bed accommodation (160cm x 190cm), a sofa bed and sink
- Rose: double bed accommodation (160cm x 200cm) with en suite bathroom
The beds can be transformed into twin beds
- Trianon: small accommodation with a bed (120cm x 190cm), and it shares the bathroom with the Rose room
On a half floor you have a falmily room with a large bed and a canape for 2 children
Small shower and wc
Prices :800 to 2100 per week depending on the season.
Prices for shorter stays on request out of season.
- New bedding, blankets and sheets
- Free WIFI
- ish washer, refridgerator, microwave, expresso coffee machine, tea kettle, etc.
- Large professional oven
- Separate laundry room with a clothes washer and drier
- Central "heating and a supply of wood for the chimneys is at our guests" disposal